Are you a member of ARMA SWO? Are you an energetic “people person” looking to interact with a dynamic group of information professionals who are continuously learning and developing their skills to support like-minded information professionals with education, training and networking opportunities? The ARMA SWO Board of Directors is looking for you!
To apply to be included on our ballot, forward an email including your contact information including a telephone number where you can be reached during the business day to firstname.lastname@example.org answering the following questions:
- My professional background is…
- My primary professional interests are…
- I am applying to become part of the ARMA SWO Board of Directors because…
A member of our team will contact each prospective candidate to discuss expectations and confirm willingness to serve. The ARMA SWO Board of Directors for 2016-17 will be elected at the Annual General Meeting held on August 17, 2016. You do not need to be present to be confirmed. The successful candidates will be notified following the meeting.
Why join us?
- Valuable not-for-profit Board member experience
- Unique opportunities to build your professional network, including contact with experts in our field
- Event coordination and educational programming skills
- Marketing and communications skills
- Opportunities to leverage new technology and social media, including LinkedIn; Twitter; Website development; Eventbrite; SurveyMonkey; MailChimp and any other new tools to make our lives easier!
- Personal and professional support through close relationships with your fellow Board members
- Mentorship opportunities
- Demonstrate that you are an engaged leader in your field by getting involved