Nasarc Technologies – Information Management Support Specialist
Role and Responsibilities:
- Help set up and support Nasarc Technologies’ design and engineering information management system (LogicalDOC) to identify and manage relevant product information while at the same time setting up a process for archiving historical information. Take direction and guidance from the current stakeholders – engineers, administration, project management and executive management, to understand what information/documents are currently in use, where located, how currently identified them and how to transition them to a new system.
- Follow an already designed template for the information management process (“LogicalDOC) and populate Nasarc Technologies’ internal company system to keep track and manage information used for engineering and production.
- Help set up the management, archiving and search procedures for Nasarc’s historical technical documents in order to keep track of the most current document in use while retaining a history of the changes made – who, when, why, etc.
- Use current industry Best Practices (research) to incorporate key guidelines for information management, archiving and search.
- Use the tools and technology in place at Nasarc to set up and populate (data entry) the system.
Day-to-day tasks and background requirements:
- Ability to understand/comprehend an information management structure.
- Basic understanding of information management, revisions management, archiving, searching, organization, etc. as well as basic data entry to populate the system.
- Help set up a well organized and documented system/process.
- Use current knowledge of industry Best Practices.
- Develop support documents and procedures.
- Pays high attention to details.
- Can plan, prioritize and execute tasks.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, etc. (nice to have database management skills and web development skills).
- Ideally has 1-2 years business or technology experience and college-level education.
Location is in Waterloo and hours of work are flexible and would fall into the 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday timeframe.
This is a part time temporary position with the possibility to turn into a permanent fulltime position.
Nasarc Technologies, operating since 2001, is a Waterloo-based entrepreneurial firm that designs, manufactures and markets automated welding-related products and accessories worldwide for industrial companies which operate primarily in the automotive sector – Magna, Ford, Fiat/Chrysler and many others.
Nasarc Technologies, Inc.
602 Colby Dr.
Waterloo, Ontario N2V 1A2