The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada is seeking to fill the exciting new 12-month full-time contract position of Records Management Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be attentive to detail, have significant Records Management experience, and be a team player. As the Records Management Coordinator you will work under the direction of the Administrator in our Peterborough location and implement, monitor, and maintain the Corporate Records Management program.
- Lead the implementation of the Corporate Records Management Program and help to deliver ongoing training for staff and Sisters.
- Monitor and maintain the Corporate Records Management program, and provide advice to Sisters and staff regarding active and inactive records.
- Be a key member of the Records Management Committee and act as liaison between the Committee and the Administrator who will liaise with the Congregational Leadership (CLC) or their designate regarding any changes to the records management program or policy made by the Records Management Committee.
- Collaborate with the key stakeholders including the CLC, the Treasurer and Director of Finance and Investments, the Congregational Archivist, and the Human Resources Director to ensure the continuing success of the program.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure the application of the Corporate Integrated Classification System and Retention Schedules. This will include travel to our various locations within Ontario.
- Provide hands-on support to Sisters/staff in transferring and disposing of records to support the Records Management Program.
- Monitor new legislation and best practices regarding records management and make recommendations to the CLC or their designate, and to the Records Management Committee.
- Collaborate with the Congregational Archivist regarding records of enduring value.
- Tending to various other tasks “as assigned” from time to time.
- A willingness to learn about and understand the Congregation’s activities, ministries, priorities, mission, and values.
- Demonstration of “presence” and excellent communication skills.
- Strong records management experience and skills.
- Understanding of a functional file classification system.
- Understanding of the records life cycle and retention and disposal schedules.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Flexible and creative.
- Ability to maintain a sense of balance no matter how pressured a situation.
- Preferred: Certified Records Analyst (CRA) or Certified Records Manager (CRM) or completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in records management, information management, library sciences, archival studies, or management information systems with equivalent experience.
- At least two years of related work experience with a functional file classification system (ISO 15489).
- At least two years of related work experience with records retention and disposition schedules.
- Understanding of legislation related to records including PHIPA.
- Proficient written and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, and Teams.
We value an inclusive and diverse workplace and are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at the time of interview selection.
Position Start Date: September 2021
Posting Close: June 27th, 2021 (Note the position will remain open until we find a suitable candidate).
Contact Person: Dorothy Freymond, firstname.lastname@example.org