- Act as a primary point of contact and technical expert on access and privacy-related inquiries.
- Coordinates and processes requests for access under Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), including correction of personal information and responding to appeals made via the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.
- Conducts research on access and privacy issues, analyzes case law and IPC decisions/orders, and consults with stakeholders as necessary regarding the application of discretionary exemptions.
- Coordinates and reviews Privacy Impact Assessments and provides recommendations to mitigate privacy risks.
- Leads in the design, development, implementation, evaluation and evolution of the City’s Privacy Program including designing, developing and delivering access and privacy training.
- Provides advice and consultation to staff related to the collection, use, disclosure, storage and security of personal information as per requirements under MFIPPA, and develops solutions that balance business needs with privacy requirements and other related risks
- Investigates and responds to privacy breaches and privacy complaints
Closing date is June 27, 2022 Click here to view the full job posting